Librarian: Rebekah B, email@example.com
- Your Responsibility. You assume the responsibility for safely using all carriers and for inspecting the stitching and fabric on all carriers to satisfy yourself that the carrier is sound, and you assume the risk of using a baby carrier. Each time you borrow a carrier, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Babywearing International of Saratoga, its leaders, librarians, and members (“Releasees”), for any harm that may result to you or your child from the use of the carrier, including any harm resulting in the Releasees’ negligence.
- Checkout Timing. You may check out one carrier at a time, each for a period of one month, from one meeting to the next. Carriers will be signed out during the last 20 minutes of each meeting.If you cannot return a checked-out carrier at the next month’s meeting, you are responsible for returning it to the librarian before that meeting, in person or by mail. Contact the librarian to make arrangements for the return of a carrier outside of a meeting.
- Use Fee. For each checkout you pay a use fee of $10.00. The fee can be paid via PayPal, cash, or check. The fee is due at the time of checkout and is non-refundable. BWI-Saratoga uses these fees to maintain, expand, and/or improve the library. The use fee is waived for members in good standing of Babywearing International of Saratoga. One library use fee may be applied to membership dues if upgrade occurs during the same fiscal quarter.
- Late Fees. Because our library is essential to teaching at meetings and because we only have a limited number of each type of carrier, carriers are due back during the first fifteen (15) minutes of each meeting. If a carrier is returned after the first fifteen minutes of a meeting, there will be an immediate $5 late fee. There is an additional charge of $1 per day for any carrier that is returned after the meeting date on which it is due. We understand that getting kids out the door is difficult and at times unpredictable, so if unforeseen circumstances have you running late, please contact the librarian via email or text message and we will waive the initial fee. Our meeting dates and times are posted on our public Facebook page. It is your responsibility to know the date and time of the meeting at which your carrier is due.
- Tobacco Smoke, Pet Hair, Perfume. Do not expose a carrier to tobacco smoke or tobacco smoke residue, nor to perfume, cologne, or similar heavily scented personal products (including essential oils). Do not use a carrier where people are smoking, and do not store a carrier in a place where there is tobacco smoke residue, such as in a car where someone smokes. If you use the carrier around animals, please take care to remove any pet hair before you return it.
- Condition on return. Please return all carriers in such a condition that they are ready for the next person to check out. This means the carrier should be reasonably clean and neatly folded. This does not mean you necessarily have to wash the carrier. If it is not dirty, you do not have to wash it. Do not wash it if it has only sustained normal wear and tear (such as a small amount of baby drool). Minimal washing will keep the carriers looking newer longer. If it is dirty (has been through a diaper blowout or straps dropped in mud, etc), please wash it as gently as possible (see paragraph 7). If a carrier is obviously dirty, or is wadded up and generally not in ready-for-checkout condition, you will be charged a $5 cleaning fee.
- Never use fabric softener, bleach, or detergents with perfumes when laundering a carrier. Do not use powdered detergents on woven wraps or ring slings. Unless otherwise instructed, you may launder all carriers in cold water on the gentle cycle and air-dry them. If you have questions about laundering a carrier, contact the librarian.
- Harm to Carriers. Please treat the carriers with respect. If you ruin a carrier, you are responsible for paying the actual replacement cost of the carrier (in the same condition – new if it was new, gently used if it was gently used), including shipping. Using fabric softener or bleach on a wrap will be considered ruin. The librarians and leaders in their sole discretion will determine whether a carrier is ruined.
- Termination of Privileges. Violation of any of these policies may result in termination of a member’s borrowing privileges.
Please sign that you have read and agree to these terms and conditions on the library checkout form.